On the next page, you will find an example relationship agreement with suggested form and verbiage. Following the example is an empty agreement you can tailor to your relationship. As you do so, stay attentive to being honest about wants, listening to each other, validating each other, and acknowledging that it will be a give-and-take situation within that relationship. The information inside the bullet points should contain an array of expectations.
As people change, re-examine and amend the contract as appropriate. You and your partner should set a specific time to look over the agreement, to ensure it meets the relationship’s needs. Remember, you’ll need to update the connected agreement with addendum items, as the need arises. It’s about living healthy, thinking healthy, and being healthy!
Initiated by: __________________________
This relationship’s agreement is entered into between ____________________________ and ________________________. Its terms of conditions start on ____________________ and terminate on ___________________________. Should we choose not to reestablish our connection upon its termination, this relationship shall part peacefully, lovingly, graciously, and respectfully with each partner free of any liabilities.
This is an agreement that nurtures a healthy relationship and is shared as partners. Let’s give each other space to live to the fullest. With our love, this binding connection will be embraced, respected, and honored, accordingly:
We have the right to
• Ask to spend quality time with one another
• Be angry or happy
• Be treated and nurtured with dignity, respect, love, and care
• Explain our actions or behaviors (if we choose)
• Make decisions separate from the other
• Make friends without permission from the other
• Not relinquish any money to the other without reason
• Our own feelings and emotions, however they are expressed
• Our own free and honest opinion
• Our own free space
• Our privacy when talking on the phone
• Plan outings that nurture our relationship (emotionally, mentally, physically, and spiritually)
• Respectfully disagree
• Say no at any time
• Think for ourselves
We have the responsibility to
• Ask for help when it’s needed
• Be respectful and expect the same from one another, as partners
• Be thoughtful in nurturing the relationship
• Set high expectations for the other
• Set limits and boundaries
• Strive to maintain a strong, healthy, and fulfilling environment
We shall make an effort to meet on equal grounds. We now look at the relationship from a brighter perspective and no longer participate in drama or negative interactions.
Dated: ___________________ Ending: ___________________________
Signed by __________________________and______________________________
The above parties commit to freely abide by this relationship agreement. In this relationship, we agree to meet the expectations outlined while maintaining a loving and nurturing connected force.
Click Follow to receive emails when this author adds content on Bublish