One of the most common mistakes almost everyone seems to make when learning to use this process is to focus too much on those stories we use to justify our reactions to our frozen energy. We frequently need to remind our workshop participants and clients that “It’s not about the story.”
Experience Using Logosynthesis
It’s time to try it for yourself.
You can do this either alone or with a partner. All you need is about 20 minutes of uninterrupted time and a location where you can speak aloud without disturbing others. Read through to the end of this chapter before you start.
Here is a very brief summary of the highlights of this process.
A (Very) Brief Guide to Using Logosynthesis
Logosynthesis is a model for guided change that uses three important sentences, spoken aloud:
The “I” in each sentence refers to your Essence—the part of you that is an expression of all that is—your Higher Self—your true Self. Some might call it ‘basic goodness’ and others call it your soul.
A brief statement of “your target“ goes in the brackets in each sentence. Your target is a memory, fantasy or belief that is related to your frozen energy and is causing you distress. It could be whatever you can’t get out of your mind or “makes you crazy” or distracts you or keeps you from connecting to your Essence.
Say each sentence out loud; pause between the sentences and notice what thoughts, feelings, images, etc., come to you. Don’t try to understand the meaning of the sentences, just let the words work.
1. I retrieve all my energy bound up in (this—your target) and return it to the right place in my Self.
2. I remove all the not-me energy related to (this—your target) from all of my cells, from my body, and from my personal space, and send it to wherever it truly belongs.
3. I retrieve all my energy bound up in all my reactions to (this—your target) and return it to the right place in my Self.
Once you feel that your energy has shifted, say this:
4. I tune all of my systems to this new awareness.
Now It’s Your Turn
Here is a much more detailed guide to get you started.
Remember, some people experience an intense reaction to these words and others experience almost nothing. Sometimes I experience no reaction at the time I do the work but a day or a week later I notice that the problem I was addressing has disappeared. There is NO INCORRECT RESPONSE!
First, prepare for your experiment.
• Create a copy of the sentences that you can use as a guide. If you use this process frequently you will eventually memorize the sentences but you do NOT need to do this before you start.
• Have some water available to drink. Drinking water seems to facilitate doing energy work.
• Decide on a target to use for this practice session. Start small—if you were rating your distress on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being barely noticeable and 10 being overwhelming, choose a target you would rate no higher than 7.
• Extra. If you like to keep track of your own growth process, do keep a record of the targets you work with in a permanent Logosynthesis Journal. Otherwise any scraps of paper will work.
• Write out your target. Writing will help you to both clarify it for yourself and remember exactly what it is as you practice.
• Extra. Sometimes it helps to write the entire Logosynthesis sentence with the target as part of it. Sometimes that is way too much trouble. You decide what will work for you.
• Write the number that rates your level of distress with this target.
Click Follow to receive emails when this author adds content on Bublish