The Timeline Experiment
The first, a Logosynthesis technique, allows you to create a map of certain aspects of your life. You're going to create a map that will take you from the present time to a state of experiencing abundance.
This technique is done best if you can walk through your physical space in a room, but if that's not possible, you can also use space on a desk or table.
Taking turns doing this activity with a friend is ideal, but doing it alone is also effective.
You need to start with your goal, a concrete target that you hope to achieve in the future. If you're not sure what your target might be, go back to your list of 10 or 100 things you would like to be, do or have, and choose something from that list. You'll also need some small objects or pieces of paper to use as markers.
Find a spot that represents where you are now in your life and place a marker on that spot.
1. Choose a spot that represents your goal. Place the goal marker some distance away from the spot that represents your current life position.
2. On the line between them start moving away from the present spot and toward your goal. (If you are doing this with a friend, have your friend walk with you and record your thoughts as you say them aloud. If you are doing it alone, simply write out your thoughts or record them on your phone.
3. Move slowly, observe your thoughts and notice your physical reactions along the way. If you're working on a flat surface, let your finger trace the distance and follow the same instructions.
4. If a thought, an image, a voice or a physical sensation of a hindrance creates an obstacle between you and your goal, drop a marker at that spot and record your thought.
5. Say the sentence, "I retrieve all my energy bound up in (your description of
Click Follow to receive emails when this author adds content on Bublish