Pre Your Gig:
1. Be good. That means you practice.
2. Be flexible.
3. Build your expertise.
4. Publish a book. If you have one, start on another.
5. ID a current buzz or problem you can associate with your book.
6. ID your market.
7. Drill down in it.
8. Speak to related groups—meeting planners talk … if you are good, they tell their counterparts.
9. Ask for referrals … Who do you know who brings in speakers and that you would be a fit for?
10. Create a website that has a specific Speaker tab or is exclusively for speaking.
Click Follow to receive emails when this author adds content on Bublish