Overall, the book provides you with a roadmap to address the persistent and systemic issues that keep women – and the societies they live in – from realizing their full potential. It doesn’t address every barrier or challenge, but is a framework you can use to work on any issue. Take Action is a tool you can use to play your part in this change and encourage others to do the same.
The chapters in this book provide this roadmap.
• Chapter 1 describes the critical role we all can play as advocates and activists for gender equality and women’s empowerment, and underscores the importance of advocacy and organizing others to make change.
• Chapter 2 discusses the power of education for girls and young women, the importance of keeping girls in school and making sure they can study what they want, and the impact of educated women and girls both globally and individually.
• Chapter 3 discusses how to expand women’s economic opportunity so that women can better support their families, so that communities can prosper, and so that economies can grow.
• Chapter 4 discusses how to eliminate gender-based violence (GBV) and other harmful practices that make it difficult for women and girls to fully participate in society.
• Chapter 5 discusses how to promote women’s participation in politics and public life so that the policy-making process is more inclusive and current and future laws make sense for everyone.
Click Follow to receive emails when this author adds content on Bublish