1) "Unless you assume a God, the meaning of life is irrelevant."
2) "Without God, life makes no sense."
3) "Surely God would not have created such a being as man to exist for a day! No, no! Man was made for immortality."
4) "Most men live lives of quiet desperation"
---Henry David Thoreau
5) "The man without a purpose is like a ship without a rudder--a waif, a nothing, a no man."
6) “The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.”
―Ralph Waldo Emerson
7) “Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction.”
---John F. Kennedy
8) "This is the true joy of life: the being used up for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clot of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy."
---George Bernard Shaw
9) "Your heavenly Father has a purpose for your life, and He has planned the best for you....When your purpose and priorities are in line with God's..., He will do absolutely amazing things in your life."
---Charles F. Stanley
10) "Given enough time, all your trophies will be trashed by someone else."
11) “Man's chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him forever.”
---The Westminster Shorter Catechism
12) "In commanding us to glorify Him, God is inviting us to enjoy Him."
13) "The glory of God is a human being fully alive!"
14) "But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand."
---Isaiah (Isaiah 64:8)
15) "You Lord give perfect peace to those who keep their purpose firm and put their trust in you."
---Isaiah (Isaiah 26:3 [TEV])
16) "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God…"
---Paul (Philippians 3:14)
Click Follow to receive emails when this author adds content on Bublish